What you need to know
- Grounded is a unique open-world survival game currently in early access, and gets new updates constantly.
- Today, the team at Obsidian Entertainment is releasing the 0.10.2 patch update for Grounded.
- The patch update follows the major 'Shroom and Doom Update,' and includes a handful of important fixes.
- Most notably, players on older PCs are less prone to crashes, and pets no longer set off traps.
Grounded has long been an impressive entry in the busy genre of best Xbox survival games, but the recently released Shroom and Doom Update certainly elevated it to a new level. Today, the team at Obsidian Entertainment is releasing Grounded's 0.10.2 patch update to all players, which includes plenty of bug fixes to make the recent content update more polished and stable.
Grounded's early access is quite active, with the game receiving regular updates with new content, features, and fixes. The 0.10.2 patch update doesn't include a staggeringly long list of changes, but it does make crashes less frequent (always an important improvement), and makes it so that pets no longer trigger traps, which would be an unfortunate way to lose a companion.
Grounded is currently available for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Game Pass. You'll find the changelog for Grounded 0.10.2 below, but we also have every Grounded changelog in one place.
The full changelog for Grounded 0.10.2 includes:
Top community fixes
- Clients who have save data from previous Grounded updates will properly have access to any new Mutations added since they first saved
- Additional crash fixes were added
Items, equipment, & resources
- Smoothie Station goops properly get removed from inventories when crafting a freestyle smoothie that matches an actual recipe version
- Pets no longer trigger traps
- Tame weevils will stay happy for longer when equipped with an item, as intended
- Pets no longer immediately become unhappy after resting through the night
Windows 7 & Windows 8
- The game no longer crashes when loading into the yard for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users
Xbox & Windows 10
- Accepting a game invite while suspended will properly join the game after resuming
- Muting a player in your friend's list no longer prevents them from text chatting with you in-game
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.