What you need to know
- Grounded is an open world survival game from Obsidian Entertainment, currently in early access.
- The game just released its biggest update yet to the public, with the Pond Update.
- Being such a major update, the Pond Update does have its fair share of bugs and needed improvements.
- Less than a day after the first patch, Grounded is already releasing a second patch update, 0.4.2.
The Grounded team has had an incredibly busy week, from releasing the positively massive Pond Update, to Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S enhancements at the same time, to the 0.4.1 patch update last night, and now with the latest 0.4.2 patch update that's rolling out just in time for the weekend. The recently released Pond Update was the largest Grounded has seen yet, and that means a host of new issues and problems that need to be fixed before the next content update in Grounded's early access.
The 0.4.2 patch update includes some fixes for all platforms, but also Xbox and Windows specific fixes, mostly regarding saves. The full changelog includes:
Fixes - All platforms
- Fixed the large frame drops that could happen when approaching the pond
- Opening the save / load screen when you have a lot of saves will no longer take multiple seconds to open
- Fixed issue where clients that join the game or respawn on top of a base building structure or on a base floor could fall through the world
- Fixed issue where sometimes trying to jump onto a lily pad could cause you to fall through the pond as if the water wasn't there
Xbox One / Xbox One S
- Fixed the out of video memory crash that happens when approaching the pond or oak tree area.
- Fixed issue where creating a manual save in the Save / Load screen could cause an out of memory crash on the Xbox One and Xbox One S
Xbox and Microsoft Store
- Fixed some issues with manual saves and client player data not syncing from the cloud correctly
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Like it was the case with Minecraft, Grounded was shown off by Windows Central staff (Xbox chaturdays) and got me to try it out. Now my partner and I are addicted to this game! Only thing I wish they would fix, __permanently and completely__, is the progress-devastating character reset bugs (day 0 + partly).
The Grounded team plan to be "revamping how save games work" .... "in the coming months"(https://grounded.obsidian.net/news/grounded/early-access-update-0-4-the-...), but 'till then its hard to progress in this game if your playthrough has either of these bugs X_x
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.