What you need to know
- Grounded is an open world survival game from Obsidian Entertainment, currently in early access.
- The game just released its biggest update yet with the Pond Update, which completely overhauled a large section of the map.
- Being a huge update, some new issues and bugs were bound to be introduced, so the Grounded team is hard at work on patches.
- The first patch, 0.4.1, has been released with a hefty number of bug fixes and improvements to the Pond Update.
The grind never stops for Grounded, the growing open world survival game from Obsidian Entertainment, as a new patch update, 0.4.1 is being released today to fix some bugs with the recently released Pond Update. The Pond Update is the largest update yet for Grounded's early access, and gives 5 million Grounded players a ton of new reasons to jump into this innovate survival title. The latest patch fixes bugs and other issues introduced in the Pond Update, and is available now.
In case you missed it, Grounded is optimized for the Xbox Series X|S, so those who want to get the most out of Grounded will want an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S. Fortunately, we're keeping close tabs on where you can buy an Xbox Series X|S. For those who haven't tried Grounded yet, the game is included in Xbox Game Pass, but is also completely free to play on Steam for this weekend only.
The changelog for Grounded patch update 0.4.1 includes:
Top community issues
- Fixed an issue that caused blueprints to rotate when attempting to be placed
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accepting an invite for a game that has ended
- Fixed a progression blocker on the pond quest if you saved and loaded during some of the terminal unlock phases
- More informative error messages when failing to join a game (game is full, game no longer exists, etc.)
- Fixed performance issue with bases built on floating foundations
- Fixed issue where clients were not getting access to the SCA.B Scanners that were purchased via BURG.L's Tech Chip Swap Shop
- Fixing issue with status effects getting stuck when saving/loading with set bonuses active
- Fixed an issue with eating, drinking, and equipping item animations not working properly while underwater. Animations play only on the right hand now
Items / equipment / resources
- Items will now remain powered on (such as torches) when loading into a game
- Random crash fix for clients regarding Grass Plank storage and Weed Log storage buildings
- Removed poison effect from Diving Bell Spiders
- Aphids will no longer disappear occasionally when fleeing from threats
- Fixed player eating sounds being heard by all players at full volume regardless of distance
Ominent Practical Technologies
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.