Grounded pushes out smaller 0.4.3 patch update to address save and spawn issues
Big fixes come in small patches.
What you need to know
- Grounded is an innovative open world survival game from Obsidian Entertainment.
- The game already has a ton of players, but it's still in early access and is a ways from being released.
- Grounded's early access gets tons of regular updates, and the 0.4.3 patch update is rolling out right now.
- The update includes two fixes for some major issues, but doesn't change anything beyond that.
As the day winds to a close, Grounded is pushing a small patch update with release 0.4.3, which includes just two fixes for a couple of major bugs that have been plaguing the game since the massive Pond Update. If you're expecting a huge changelog with a ton of fixes and improvements, you won't find that here, but this is still an important update that should be installed as soon as possible. The update is in the process of being rolled out, so you may not see it appear immediately.
It's clear that Grounded's team has a lot of passion for the project, and the game has the potential to be one of the Best Survival Games on Xbox when it fully releases. The game was also recently optimized for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S with some impressive visual enhancements, so consider one of the Best 4K TV's for Xbox Series X|S to get the most out of your next-gen console.
The full changelog for patch update 0.4.3 includes:
- Made changes to fix the creatures who were sometimes spawning into the game oddly or not navigating around the yard after loading in
Xbox and Windows
- Fix applied to the issue regarding character data reverting to an older save file for hosts or people playing single player
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.