What you need to know
- A new bug on Halo Infinite for PC could lead to you losing your campaign progress and developing problems with multiplayer.
- The newly-discovered bug relates to the game recognizing multiple inputs at once and can easily be missed if not careful.
- These are the warning signs you need to watch out for if you want to avoid the bug happening to you.
We spotted this bug on the ResetEra forums. The user highlighted the tragic loss of their campaign progress toward the second-to-last mission. The bug is currently because of the PC version detecting multiple inputs, and each input as an individual profile. The issue has been spotted on Reddit and Halo Waypoint forums as well.
Aside from campaign progress being lost, it is also reported that this can break the multiplayer. The ResetEra poster mentioned players spawning in the middle of the floor, for example.
If you want to avoid the bug, we highly recommend you watch the video above. You can also check for the following things (checklist courtesy of ResetEra):
- When you're starting the campaign or multiplayer, make sure the countdown shows the players as 1(1).
- Do not plug in a controller during play or switch inputs from controller to Keyboard+Mouse. If your controller loses connection (wired or wireless), force quit the game immediately.
- If you see a second login prompt, do not log in! X it out and close the game immediately.
- Don't use quick resume on Xbox, especially if you have multiple people logged in to the account.
If you're having other issues on PC, specifically performance issues, you can check out our guide on how to fix them.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.