Earlier today, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 10547 to those Insiders on the Fast Ring. With the update, comes many new fixes, improvements and even a handful of new features. Even Edge got many new improvements, which are listed in a separate changelog.
Check out our hands-on video to see three of the new features in this build of the OS. They include:
- Show more Tiles – Users can now show up to four columns of Tiles on their Start Menu (or two wide tiles side by side). This feature is familiar to Windows Phone users, and now those on Windows 10 can see more tiles, which looks great
- Better app snapping in Tablet Mode - You can now snap apps to left and right, replace a previously snapped app with another (Teeter) and swipe down to close an app. This improvement should help out those on tablets, although our teeter would not work on the Surface Pro 3.
- Disable Login Screen Background – Although you cannot customize the Login screen's background – yet – you can now disable it. Doing so sets the login screen to a single color that matches your Accent one Overall, this update looks to be quite solid. We still need to use it for a few days though to see if there are any major issues. As usual, Microsoft has listed what they already know is broke, and you can find that resource and others below.
Sound off in comments what you think of build 10547 so far!
Need more help? Here are some articles and our forums to get you started!
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Help and Support forums at Windows Central
- Windows 10 - All you need to know
- Windows Insider Program - All you need to know