Here is what is new in Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218
Microsoft has begun pushing out Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 for all Insiders on the Release Preview Ring, phones officially updated to Windows 10 Mobile as well as all retail devices (phones sold with Windows 10 Mobile, non-carrier). The same update is also going out to all PC owners as well due to the shared core of Windows 10.
Here is what is new with this release for those on phone as posted in the community forums (opens in new tab):
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Changelog
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn't load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
Overall, it sounds like a substantial update, and we're applying it now to our phones. Let us know in comments what you think!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
Oh billy why so silly what has happened to the good old American can do
The only apps where I would like to hide the navigation bar (because I can't now) are: Whatsapp, Telegram, Spotify, Messenger, UC Browser, Tubecast.
The production release is still too buggy. Posted from my Lumia 640 Xl dual sim 10586.164
Using the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL for Windows 10
Not insider preview
Lumia 630 user here :P
1. Still have glitches while changing song using volume keys.
2.loading and resuming screens for many apps even settings
3.equilizer crashes while playing song.
On 164 build 640 LTE
if i want to restrict background data usage when i get close to the limit don't work just goes to homescreen.
Otherwise no complains
There's still a flicker when I try to change a song through groove music when my phone is on lock screen. Still can't download mp3 files from edge.
Enjoying the latest builds has improved alot phone more responsive.pity we can't try RS build on it
I mean: On witch ring are you?
* performance and fast improved
* flickering problem in music resolved up to 80%
* Quick action centre became smoother
* it takes almost half an hour to show applications stored in sd card. However songs and movies arr available from sd card in that time. Ie; the problem found in apps only
* it take few second to play next song from previous update
* keyboard not found sometimes.
* cortana becomes buggy than wp8.1. In 1st update to wp10 the performance was good.. But now it rakes too time to respond and recognise. No bug fix seen in it.
i couldn't find anything more. If any new improvement features found comment at the earliest.
Anyone with problem
P.S. 640 XL user
or I've missed something here ????