If you're ready to change your Xbox Live profile picture or gamerpic, this is a great time to do it as the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are now here. Much like on Xbox One and Windows 10, you can choose to forgo the many premade pictures that are available and instead set your unique image, provided it doesn't contain NSFW content. Here's how to create a custom gamerpic on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
How to create a custom Xbox gamerpic on your Xbox Series X, S
- Open the Xbox guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
Select My Profile.
- Select Customize profile.
- Select Change gamerpic.
Select Upload a custom image.
- You'll be brought to the File Picker app.
- Navigate to the directory containing your picture using the menu in the top left.
- You can access images with the Microsoft Photos app, OneDrive app, or on a USB plugged into the Xbox console.
- Navigate to the picture you would like to use.
- Please note that any picture you use must be at least 1080x1080.
- Once you have selected the picture you want to use, crop it using the controls on the screen.
- When you are finished, select Upload. Microsoft will verify the picture is safe, and in a few minutes, you'll be ready to go.
Same great experience
The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S use the same operating system as the Xbox One but with improvements like much faster loading times due to the SSD and advanced CPU cores in the consoles. As a result, you'll find that you have the same overall experience on your new console when dashing around the homepage as you did on your Xbox One.
One key difference, however, is the addition of a list of Themes, which are exclusive to the Xbox Series X and S. You can use Themes to add a dynamic element to your UX (user experience). Themes are not coming to the older consoles due to the additional processing power needed to run them.
Best of both worlds
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Subscription
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. Right now, you can purchase a three-month subscription for a great price.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.