Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an incredibly challenging game, and a lot of the time you have to either upgrade skills or purchase items from vendors. However, the most difficult part of the title has to be the boss battles. A lot of the enemies attack without much force, but sometimes you run into exceptions like Snake Eyes Shirafuji.
Snake Eyes Shirafuji is lurking beneath a giant Buddha head in the Sunken Valley. Luckily, there's a Sculptor's Idol right before you have to jump on a branch and hop across some cliffs. Once you reach him — try to avoid getting hit by the snipers — you should run past him and come back to knock off one bar of health. The second part of the fight is easy if you have the Firecrackers.
You can follow the steps below to easily beat him in about 45 seconds after you've initiated the fight. You have to sneak back along the wall to knock off one health bar. If you don't do that, the fight is almost impossible and quite frustrating.
- Grapple through the Sunken Valley to reach Snake Eyes Shirafuji below the giant Buddha head.
- Run past him to the left and jump up the cliff where the ledge is.
- Wall-hug past the ledge until you see the bridge.
- Run onto the bridge until you see Snake Eyes Shirafuji's health bar disappear on the top left. This means that he's looking for you.
- Run back to the same wall-hug area, and sneak. Press the right thumbstick while crouching to select him, and jump up to deliver an Aerial Deathblow to knock off one health bar.
- He may not be directly below the small cliff where you're crouching, so you may have to go down and sneak behind him. This may take one or two tries to get right.
- Once you've knocked off one health bar, throw a Firecracker and distract Snake Eyes Shirafuji for a few seconds. If you have upgraded the Firecracker, you can distract him for longer.
- Right after throwing the Firecracker, he will flinch and you can get in a few strikes. Throw a Firecracker again immediately to distract him.
- Throwing the Firecracker and immediately hitting him will raise his deflection meter, allowing you to eventually deliver a final Deathblow.
- Repeat the Firecracker and Right Bumber (RB) attack again and again until you kill him.
- Don't press RB too many times because he may hit you or do his leathal super move. Instead of pressing RB one too many times, throw a firecracker instead.
It took us quite a while to figure out how to beat this boss, but once we did, it was rather easy. Hopefully this walkthrough will help you just as it helped us.
- Best ways to farm experience in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- How to beat Long-arm Centipede Sen'un in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
In our review, we said, "It's definitely harder than Dark Souls, but the sense of satisfaction you feel after defeating powerful titans is a reward in itself. The more you play, the stronger you become. The story and gameplay take you in new directions, but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice's difficulty may limit its appeal. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, it lacks multiplayer so you can't summon allies to help you."
Reclaim your honor
The beginning of a new franchise
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you are a disgraced and disfigured warrior rescued from the brink of death. Bound to protect a young lord who is the descendant of an ancient bloodline, you become the target of many vicious enemies. When the young lord is captured, nothing will stop you on the perilous quest, not even death itself.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!