One of the coolest parts of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is the ability to upload a custom skin for your player. These skins can be created by you, or they can be chosen from a list of pre-made designs.
Here's how to swap out the stock player skin with a custom skin of your choice!
How to create your own skin
The website minecraftskins.com has an excellent skin editor you can use to make whatever skin you want.
- Launch your favorite web browser from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Navigate to www.minecraftskins.com/skin-editor/.
- Click a color from the color wheel.
- Click squares on the player model to apply the color.
- Click the eraser button.
- Click any colored squares you want to erase.
- Click and drag a blank space beside the model to rotate it.
- Click the Download to Computer button when you're happy with your skin.
- Click Save.
How to download a pre-made skin
The website minecraftskins.com hosts a ton of skins made by other fans of Minecraft — you can download them and upload them into Minecraft. Here's how to download a premade skin.
- Launch your favorite web browser from the Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Navigate to www.minecraftskins.com.
- Click a skin that interest you. In this case, we choose Turtle.
- Click the Download button. Make sure the file you're downloading is a PNG file.
- Click Save. The skin will be, by default, saved to your Downloads folder.
How to upload a skin into Minecraft
Now that you've either created a new skin or downloaded a pre-made skin, you can upload it into Minecraft.
- Launch Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition from your desktop, Start menu, or taskbar.
- Click the hanger button located beneath your character's avatar.
- Click the blank model beneath the Default field.
- Click Choose New Skin.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder or wherever you saved your custom skin.
- Click the skin you want to upload.
- Click Open.
- Click the model type that looks best.
- Click Confirm Skin.
That's it! You now have a custom skin for your Minecraft player.
Your custom skin
Do you use a custom skin for your player? Let us know which one in the comments section below!
Cale Hunt is a Senior Editor at Windows Central. He focuses mainly on laptop reviews, news, and accessory coverage. He's been reviewing laptops and accessories full time since 2016, with hundreds of reviews published for Windows Central. He is an avid PC gamer and multi-platform user, and spends most of his time either tinkering with or writing about tech.
I really hope for some mods like skyfactory or something to arrive sometime in the near future. :)
There will be addons soon. :) Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Woo, very useful! Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.