It's no doubt there are some games on your computer that are much easier playing with a controller. Windows 10 supports Xbox controllers natively, but what if all you've got is a PlayStation Dualshock controller instead? Thankfully there is a program out there that will convince your PC that you're actually using an Xbox controller. It's time to check out DS4 Windows.
Products used in this guide
- Amazon: Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller ($55)
- Amazon: Dell XPS 13 9370 Laptop ($1,400)
- winRAR: winRAR ($29)
How to install DS4 Windows on your PC
- Go to DS4Windows.
- Scroll down to Downloads.
- Select "Main builds of DS4Windows".
Download the latest version.
- Open the Zip file.
Right click the folder and select extract all files.
- Name your file whatever you want and hit okay.
- Go to the folder you extracted the files to.
- Open DS4Windows.
Select if you would like the settings and profiles saved to a program folder or Appdata.
- If you are using Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, select Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver.
- If you are Windows 7 or below, select Step 2 to install the 360 driver.
So, there you have it. This will set you up to get the programs that you need that will allow your Dualshock controller to work with your computer. Continue on to see the different ways of connecting your Dualshock controller to your computer via Bluetooth or cables.
How to connect your PlayStation DualShock controller to your PC via USB
- Connect your controller to your PC through the same USB cable used to connect to your PlayStation 4.
- As soon as the pop-up comes up and says Windows has detected your device you can immediately get to playing.
How to connect your PlayStation DualShock controller to your PC via Bluetooth
- Press and hold the central PlayStation button and the Share button until the lightbar on your controller flashes.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your PC.
- Select "Wireless Controller".
- If prompted to enter a pair code, type "0000".
PlayStation 4 controllers
Enjoy comfortable gaming
PlayStation controllers are one of the most comfortable controllers to use with their sleek design, amazing button placement, and touchscreen options. Now that the DS4 Windows application allows you to use this controller with your computer you can play your favorite games with ease.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here are the best Windows Mixed Reality games you can play right now
To help you decide which Windows Mixed Reality games you should play first, we’ve rounded up the best on offer right now from the Microsoft Store and SteamVR.
These are the best Xbox One accessories available today
Want to complete your Xbox One experience? These are the best accessories money can buy.
These are the best pre-built PCs for Apex Legends
There are a lot of pre-built PCs out there if you're looking to play Apex Legends on the best platform, all while saving you the time of building your own rig. We gathered some of the best at various price points for you to consider so that you're basically ready to jump in.