What you need to know
- Jungle Awakens is the first major DLC update for Minecraft Dungeons, injecting fresh content into the ARPG title.
- Some players received the update early yesterday, which Mojang Studios confirmed was a happy accident.
- Today marks the official release of the DLC, so the Jungle Awakens DLC is rolling out to all supported platforms now.
- The free Lower Temple dungeon is also rolling out today as well, so even players without the DLC will still receive new content.
After some players got their hands on the DLC early, the Jungle Awakens DLC for Minecraft Dungeons is officially rolling out to all supported platforms, starting July 1, 2020, at 12 am CT. The DLC will become available for purchase two hours later, if you want to grab the DLC separate from the Hero Pass for your game.
The DLC adds quite a lot of changes, including:
- Three new areas to explore and conquer.
- New mobs like the Leapleaf and Whisperer.
- A terrifying boss known as the Jungle Abomination.
- Fresh sets of gear, items, artifacts, and more.
- Hidden levels and secrets to discover.
- A bunch of tweaks and changes to the existing base game.
On top of all that, everyone is getting in on the action just a little with the addition of Lower Temple, a hidden dungeon being added in a free update that includes all the balancing tweaks and changes included in the DLC. Those of you playing through Game Pass will still be able to try out some of the new content before deciding to invest in the DLC or Hero Pass (which includes this DLC and the future Creeping Winter DLC).
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft explores the dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and Mojang Studios have knocked another one out of the park. Awesome co-op combat paired with powerful loot, all at a crazy affordable price? There's not much more you could ask for in an epic dungeon crawling ARPG.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.