No Man's Sky finally launched on Xbox One a few weeks ago, but it hasn't been a smooth experience for everyone. After pushing out a series of stability fixes, Hello Games is working on other issues. The team said, "After the initial round of addressing high priority stability and performance issues, the team have been working intensely on a large number of gameplay fixes and improvements." Today, the developer released a roughly 2 GB patch on Xbox One. The update is already available on PC and PlayStation 4.
The main fixes address slowdowns and crashes, but also make the game slightly easier to play. For example, the time it takes to scan lifeforms has been reduced. You can read about the major changes below.
- Fixed a memory leak in the interface.
- Fixed a number of crashes with freighters.
- Fixed a crash that affected some planets.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while creating a race track.
- Reduced texture memory usage to improve stability.
- Fixed issues where players would get stuck in certain missions.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive incorrect mission instructions.
- Fixed an issue where "Sentinels" would chase players forever.
- Fixed an issue where certain trade commodities are not available for sale.
- Fixed an issue where player ships could shoot themselves.
- Reduced the frequency of storms.
- Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel.
- Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinels will investigate players.
- Reduced the time required to scan discoveries.
- Fixed an issue where "Multi-Tool" lasers would bend in the wrong direction.
It's great to see No Man's Sky quickly address the possible game-breaking issues. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I must say I have been really enjoying this game since the Next update. I stopped playing it for over a year and picked it up again after the update and it's been great. Only issue I am currently having is I cannot complete the Mind-Arc for the Artemis missions because I don't have the Living Glass blueprint. All my specialist missions at my base are complete, and manufacturing facilities are only giving me nanites. Hopefully the "fixed issues where players were getting stuck in certain missions" fix may correct it, but I doubt it.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.