No Man's Sky finally launched on Xbox One a few weeks ago, but it hasn't been a smooth experience for everyone. After pushing out a series of stability fixes, Hello Games is working on other issues. The team said, "After the initial round of addressing high priority stability and performance issues, the team have been working intensely on a large number of gameplay fixes and improvements." Today, the developer released a roughly 2 GB patch on Xbox One. The update is already available on PC and PlayStation 4.
The main fixes address slowdowns and crashes, but also make the game slightly easier to play. For example, the time it takes to scan lifeforms has been reduced. You can read about the major changes below.
- Fixed a memory leak in the interface.
- Fixed a number of crashes with freighters.
- Fixed a crash that affected some planets.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while creating a race track.
- Reduced texture memory usage to improve stability.
- Fixed issues where players would get stuck in certain missions.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive incorrect mission instructions.
- Fixed an issue where "Sentinels" would chase players forever.
- Fixed an issue where certain trade commodities are not available for sale.
- Fixed an issue where player ships could shoot themselves.
- Reduced the frequency of storms.
- Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel.
- Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinels will investigate players.
- Reduced the time required to scan discoveries.
- Fixed an issue where "Multi-Tool" lasers would bend in the wrong direction.
It's great to see No Man's Sky quickly address the possible game-breaking issues. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Best Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.