Following a leak earlier today that detailed the upcoming Dell XPS 12 tablet with a 4K display, details have emerged on how the company plans to refresh its XPS 13. The folks at WinFuture.de are once again behind this leak, and report that while the design of the XPS 13 remains much the same, the internals have gotten quite the refresh.
The most notable changes are the upgrade to Intel's latest Skylake CPUs, along with new 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD options. Ports are also getting a shakeup, with the addition of Thunderbolt 3 and USB Type-C. Here's the full list of leaked specs:
Dell XPS 13 (9350)
- Display: 13-inch 3200x1800 matte; optional HD 1920x1080 matte panel
- 400 nits brightness
- CPU: Skylake Core i3 (2.3GHz), Core i5 (2.8GHz, 2.8GHz Turbo Boost), or Core i7 (2.5GHz, 3.1GHz burst clock)
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB
- SSD: M.2 SATA 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
- Ports: Two USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 3, USB Type-C
- Battery: 56 watt hours
- Weight: 1.29 kg (2.84 lbs)
Though the above specs aren't comprehensive, this should give you an idea of the major changes to expect out of the next XPS 13. WinFuture.de also notes that the trackpad has been revised, growing in size by a bit and tweaks have been made to prevent cursor jumping and "accidental activation" from contact with your palm.
As with the Dell XPS 12, we're expecting that we'll get a peek at the latest XPS 13 at Dell World later this month, so be sure to keep your eyes locked to Windows Central for more.