What you need to know
- Another Microsoft Edge Dev channel update is now available.
- This update brings several small features and the usual batch of fixes and improvements.
- The update is available now as version 82.0.446.0.
Microsoft shipped a new weekly build for Microsoft Edge Dev channel today, ticking the build number up to 82.0.446.0. This week, the update brings a handful of small new features to check out. As usual, there's also a hefty batch of bug fixes and improvements.
Most notably, you'll now be asked to switch to a work or school profile when you're opening work or school content on a personal profile. There are also a couple of updates to the Collections feature, and more. Here's a look at all of what's new.
- Added a capability to Guided Switch to ask to switch to a work or school profile when work or school content is being opened in a personal profile.
- Added better drag and drop support for Collections.
- Added support for more websites to properly add price and rating information to a product that's been added to a Collection.
- Added support for the Native Window Occlusion management policy from upstream Chromium.
- Added the option to the Manage Search Engines management policy to allow search provider discovery.
- Added improved messaging to accounts that aren't able to sync to explain why they can't.
- Enabled the new Fluent designs for webpage controls like the calendar picker or dropdown on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where high CPU usage is seen when idle.
- Fixed an issue where showing the "Move to another window" menu sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the "Add all tabs to a new collection" context menu option crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed a browser crash when syncing favorites.
- Fixed an issue where opening an Application Guard window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the ESC key when typing in the Address Bar sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix fails to play with error D7356 on certain devices.
- Fixed a crash when playing the surf game.
- Fixed an issue where dragging a tab with a PDF document out of a window and into its own window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on launch for 32-bit Edge when Windows Information Protection is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where sync doesn't work when certain VPN extensions are installed.
- Improved the reliability of updating after Edge hasn't been updated for a while.
- Fixed one cause of audio being randomly muted.
- Fixed an issue where address bar history is sometimes not properly deleted when the browser is set to delete browsing data on close.
- Fixed an issue where using the favorites deduplication tool causes the option to show only the favicon to get reset for some favorites.
- Fixed an issue where dialogs that are opened from IE mode tabs appear behind the window.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Taskbar icon for a window that has a dialog open in an IE mode tab doesn't also bring the dialog to the forefront.
- Fixed an issue where languages in Settings can't be selected to "Offer to translate pages in this language".
- Fixed an issue where expected popups on certain websites don't work when Tracking Prevention is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcut to reset the zoom level to 100% doesn't work in Immersive Reader.
- Fixed an issue where clicking shortcuts on the Taskbar to PWAs sometimes launches a regular Edge window instead of a PWA window.
- Fixed an issue where very small ink strokes/dots drawn on PDFs can't be erased.
- Fixed an issue where very small ink strokes or dots sometimes aren't properly drawn on PDFs.
- Fixed an issue where users can't save payment cards locally because the option to do so is missing.
- Fixed an issue where internal pages like Extensions or Favorites sometimes can't be scrolled.
- Fixed an issue where PDF files aren't opened in an external application when the setting to do so is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where DirectInvoke doesn't work when SmartScreen is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where a message saying you're required to sign in using a work or school account sometimes appears even when you already are.
- Fixed an issue where some products that are added to a Collection don't have the proper number of ratings.
- Fixed an issue where windows opened via Guided Switch sometimes don't have any UI (tabs, address bar, etc.)
- Reduced the number of times you need to sign into a website after it's been moved to another profile via Guided Switch.
- Reduced the number of prompts to save a password when the field being saved is a CVV for a payment card.
- Reduced the number of times an item in a Collection has no image associated with it.
- Improved the first-launch experience of Application Guard after taking an OS upgrade.
- Improved messaging on ARM64 to explain why Flash isn't available on that platform.
- Improved the color of the title bar for PWAs.
- Removed the ability to add all tabs from an InPrivate or Guest window to a Collection.
- Removed support for the Share feature on versions of Windows prior to Windows 10.
If you're already testing the Dev channel, you can grab the update now via the Edge settings menu. Otherwise, the Dev, Canary, and Beta channels are available to download now at the Edge Insider site. The release version is available to download as well at Microsoft's official Edge site (opens in new tab).
For more, including a list of known issues, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes (opens in new tab).
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.