What you need to know
- Microsoft recently rolled out Edge Dev build 95.0.1000.0.
- It is the 1,000th build of Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary to be released.
- The build includes a short list of fixes and the ability to sync custom Internet Explorer mode site lists across devices.
Microsoft Edge Dev build 95.0.1000.0 is now available. Since Microsoft released a couple of builds within a short timeframe, this latest build doesn't include many changes. It brings the ability to sync custom Internet Explorer mode site lists across devices and a handful of bug fixes. More notably, it is the 1,000th build of Edge Dev and Canary to be released by Microsoft.
The Microsoft Edge Dev Twitter account announced the build and celebrated the milestone last night.
Greetings, Insiders! Dev channel update to version 95.0.1000.0 is going out today! 🎉 1000 builds have now gone through Dev and Canary, and Josh goes over the IE mode site list syncing and more in this week's build. You can read on here: https://t.co/u7ArMf0HLT pic.twitter.com/zfZBHsEizuGreetings, Insiders! Dev channel update to version 95.0.1000.0 is going out today! 🎉 1000 builds have now gone through Dev and Canary, and Josh goes over the IE mode site list syncing and more in this week's build. You can read on here: https://t.co/u7ArMf0HLT pic.twitter.com/zfZBHsEizu— Microsoft Edge Dev (@MSEdgeDev) September 9, 2021September 9, 2021
Here's everything that's new in Edge Dev build 95.0.1000.0:
- Added the ability to sync custom IE mode site lists between devices.
- Re-enabled the improved browser profile sign-in dialog.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Linux.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the … menu in a PWA or website installed as an app.
- Fixed a crash when watching videos.
- Fixed a crash when using Smart Copy.
- Fixed an issue where the browser crashes when switching to a different profile, including Guest or Kids mode.
- Fixed an error when exporting a Collection to Word.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where Collections sometimes don't sync.
You can download the latest build of Edge Dev from Microsoft's website or update to it through your browser.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.