What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher (beta) just got updated to version 6.211203.0.1025841.
- This version update includes a few items, including a promo banner for those without the Start app.
- Other items in the update are bug fixes, UX improvements, and the Microsoft Rewards widgets now supporting Spain and Italy.
Heads up: A new version of Microsoft Launcher (beta) is live, version 6.211203.0.1025841. It doesn't pack anything in the way of major content, but it contains a few small items worth noting. Chiefly, a promotional banner was added to the News feed page for those who don't have the Start app installed.
Beyond that, general bug fixes were included in the update, as were UX improvements. Also, the Microsoft Rewards widgets now offer support for Spain and Italy. Here's the official changelog:
- Promotional banner was added on News feed page for users who don't have Start app installed.
- Microsoft Rewards widgets now support Italy and Spain.
- Other known bugs were fixed, and UX improvements were made on feed
In case you're not familiar with the circumstances leading up to the inclusion of this new promotional banner, here's the scoop: Earlier in January, a Microsoft Launcher beta update removed the built-in News feed, seemingly in an effort to move people toward Microsoft's Start app's News widget. Now, Microsoft is doubling down on its Start push with a promotional banner to remind people to give the app a shot.
That's it for the Launcher update, though. There were no major features or overhauls this time around, but that could always change in the future, should Microsoft run out of digital promotional banners.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Robert Carnevale is the News Editor for Windows Central. He's a big fan of Kinect (it lives on in his heart), Sonic the Hedgehog, and the legendary intersection of those two titans, Sonic Free Riders. He is the author of Cold War 2395. Have a useful tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.