What you need to know
- Microsoft Launcher beta has a new update that brings it to version 6.210102.0.940491.
- After the update, apps will remain in the same order after you restart Microsoft Launcher.
- This latest version also makes it so browser settings won't be affected by updates.
Microsoft Launcher beta has an update that brings it to version 6.210102.0.940491. The update includes several fixes that focus on keeping apps and browser settings in place when you restart or update Microsoft Launcher. While the update mentions the Surface Duo specifically, it's rolling out to beta users on all Android phones. We've spotted the update on a Surface Duo and a non-Surface Duo Android phone.
For Surface Duo users, apps should align better following this update. For all Microsoft Launcher users, apps should remain in the same order after you restart the Launcher.
Here's the full changelog as found on the Microsoft Launcher beta Google Play listing (opens in new tab):
- Home screen settings and app alignment on Surface Duo have been improved
- Apps will now remain in the same order after restarting Launcher
- Browser settings will no longer be affected by updates
- Issues with Time and Weather widgets have been corrected
- Known bugs were fixed and performance updates were made for an improved experience
You can learn more about all of Microsoft's iOS and Android beta apps in our guide.
If you're on the Surface Duo, you should also keep an eye out for the January update. Our sources indicate that the next update for the Surface Duo is expected early next week.
Sean Endicott is the news writer for Windows Central. If it runs Windows, is made by Microsoft, or has anything to do with either, he's on it. Sean's been with Windows Central since 2017 and is also our resident app expert. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello I have downloaded Microsoft launcher.
But I can't not find the right way to yuse this.
I am very stoked on my launcher 10.
This is a good launcher but it feels old. How can I get the Microsoft launcher feel the right way.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.