Microsoft's Lumia 650 strikes a pose in leaked official render
The Lumia 650 is rumored to be the last Lumia smartphone Microsoft will release before handing the division over to the Surface group. The handset was previously shown off in a bunch of high-quality renders, but now serial leaker @evleaks has published what looks to be an official press shot.
It looks to be a solid-looking smartphone with an appealing design. A recent UK retailer listing all but confirmed the specifications that would be sported by this more affordable Lumia smartphone.
- Weighs 150g
- 5-inch display (720 x 1280 pixels, ~294 ppi pixel density)
- 8GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- 1GB RAM
- Quad-core 1.1GHz processor
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, Micro USB, GPS
- 8MP main shooter
- Li-Ion 2000mAh battery
We'll be waiting for Microsoft to make the company's official announcement later this month.
Source: @evleaks; Thanks to everyone who tipped us!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
And i was expecting 6xx processor, 2GB ram and 16gb internal storage, USB C and Iris Scanner.. :p
but let's hope the Surface Phone is made of some premium materials. :)
I actually like all-metal devices too but I can't stand glass backs. They're fragile, dirty, slippery, and they don't have any benefits over metal or polycarbonate.
No wonder that Windows phone is losing market share with devices like this...
- Bigger Battery, even more efficient on WP8.1 than on WM10 (From my experience on Lumias 620 and 520)
- probabbly better processor (1.2Ghz vs 1.1Ghz)
- OS WP8.1 still better and smoother than any Windows Mobile 10 build
- You can go from WP 8.1-->WM 10 ("official" or insider build), but not WM 10--->WP 8.1 It looks like Lumia 650 is just a little "weaker" on the paper than Lumia 640/640XL, and with time it should be even cheaper than L640, because Bluetooth 4.1 in L650 is just not enough of a reason for it to be more expensive than Lumia 640 :-)
But if they are pricing it similar to 550.. Makes sense.. Otherwise ...overpriced
9) Fingerprint scanner
10)price it below 300 USD USD
( and I don't want MS to release such a device.. Huawei should release one.. MS needs a Nexus Line of device.. )