What you need to know
- The climate crisis is real and consumers and companies must work together to tackle it.
- Microsoft just announced plans to reduce its carbon emissions and much more.
- It's even going to make 825,000 Xbox consoles carbon neutral.
- You can read about some of its other environmental plans below.
The climate crisis is a massive problem that not only consumers, but large companies have to tackle. Today, Microsoft announced that it was going to take substantial steps to make its productions and operations more environmentally friendly. While the company has a number of initiatives it's going to push, it also plans to make 825,000 Xbox consoles carbon neutral. You can read about the major programs below.
- Microsoft is aligning its operations with a 1.5C climate scenario. This means that the company will take an even more aggressive approach in making sure its actions don't have a detrimental impact on the planet.
- Microsoft will extend carbon reduction work into our supply chain when it comes to its products.
- Going forward, Microsoft will make 825,000 Xbox consoles carbon neutral. It's unclear if these are Xbox One devices or upcoming Project Scarlett units. These are the first gaming consoles to be carbon neutral when compared to Nintendo and Sony.
- Microsoft will put technology in the hands of others for the good of the planet. Through various software initiatives, the company will, hopefully, enable certain individuals and companies to solve the greatest climate crisis issues facing us right now.
You can read about what Microsoft plans to do in great detail here. It's great to see that the company is taking the climate crisis seriously.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.