What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams is gaining the option to pin messages within channels.
- The feature is rolling out gradually now.
- Pinned posts stay within a shortcut in the channel info section.
Microsoft Teams is gaining the option to pin messages within channels (via OnMSFT. The feature makes it easier to find important messages, as pinned content stays within a shortcut in the channel info section of Teams. The feature is rolling out gradually, so you might not see the option yet.
Pinning messages is available on competing platforms, such as Slack, and makes it easy to find important messages or announcements within a channel. Even though Microsoft Teams is designed to reduce clutter, it's still easy to lose an important message as new messages and threads appear.
Mike Tholfsen, manager on the Microsoft EDU team, recently shared a video on how to pin messages in Microsoft Teams. The process is fairly straightforward:
- Click the ... menu on a message (the same menu that allows you to react with emoji)
- Select Pin.
- Confirm the action by selecting Pin.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.