What you need to know
- Microsoft is looking for the best Windows apps in the Microsoft Store.
- Nominations for apps are now open and will close on March 31, 2022.
- People can nominate multiple apps by filling out the form several times.
Microsoft wants to know which Windows apps people love. The company has opened nominations for the best apps available through the Microsoft Store. In addition to recognizing good applications, Microsoft wants to "inspire others to build beautiful and useful apps for Windows."
You can nominate your favorite app by filling out a form from Microsoft. If you'd like to nominate multiple apps, you can fill out a separate form for each one.
There are a handful of requirements for apps to qualify for nomination:
- Must be publicly listed in the Microsoft Store on Windows in at least one market by end of March
- Must have 100% functionality on Windows 11, not just on Windows 10
- Must have 3.5 star or higher rating with at least 50 ratings entries
- Must have been published or received significant meaningful updates over the past 12 months
Microsoft's form has a section for describing why an app is worthy of nomination. There's also a checklist of outstanding qualities for applications, such as making strong use of Windows features, looking nice, being useful, and providing unique functionality.
Our list of the best Windows apps should help you get started if you're looking for applications to nominate.
Microsoft emphasizes that its form is not part of a voting process. It's only for receiving nominations for people's favorite apps. Nominations are open now and will close on March 31, 2022 at midnight Pacific time.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.