What you need to know
- 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two is rapidly approaching for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players.
- Mojang Studios is working on polishing and stabilizing the update ahead of its release later this year.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 is now rolling out to testers with fresh fixes and changes in tow.
- There's also an important message for players who have the Minecraft beta installed on an Android device.
Minecraft is marching nonstop to the release of the second half of the Caves and Cliffs Update, which means plenty of betas and snapshots from Mojang Studios. A day after the release of a Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot, Mojang Studios is returning with Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 for beta players across Xbox, PC, and Android.
There are plenty of major bug fixes and significant changes in tow with the latest Minecraft beta, as Mojang furthers its efforts to polish 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two before a final release later this year. However, there is one important change for Android beta players, which you can see in the changelog below.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made, which certainly makes it one of the best Xbox games, and much of that comes down to its neverending support. In case you missed it, Mojang Studios has already detailed the next update coming to Minecraft after the Caves and Cliffs Update, called The Wild Update.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
Features and bug fixes
- Loading older worlds will no longer cause chunks to be empty
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some music tracks from playing in the Nether
- Fixed Leaf Blocks not remaining transparent when surrounded by partial blocks such as Buttons or Slabs
- Fixed face culling of the block below a Leaf Block, fixing an x-ray effect
- Fixed an issue where the Shield would get locked to the player's offhand slot in the inventory screen when opening the inventory screen while crouching
- Fixed an issue with some Marketplace packs in beta builds spawning the player in the wrong location
- Fixed a bug that could cause double chests to split and become unusable
- Frozen biomes no longer generate Ice pillars below Y=0 on worlds with updated chunks
- Ocean ruins and shipwrecks are now generated in lower frequency
- Azalea trees no longer generate underwater
- Azalea trees can now generate in shallow water
- Rooted Dirt can no longer generate without an Azalea tree
- Vanilla Parity: Removed Deep Warm Ocean from biome placement
- Fixed pillars of Dripstone that could previously be generated on the surface of the Overworld
- Fixed an issue to prevent Small Dripleaf blocks from being placed inside Lava blocks
- The game has temporarily been reverted from API 30 to API 29. Players with existing external storage will be migrated to the new location on startup. If you manually migrated your external storage, you should not be affected
- Players with external storage will be migrated to new location at startup, due to storage changes required by Google. You can still play if migration fails by closing the results window
- With external storage being migrated to its new location in preparation for Google's new API requirements, you will now lose your data if you uninstall Minecraft, unless you check the box indicating you want to keep your data. We recommend checking this box if you wish to keep your worlds in the event you choose to reinstall Minecraft
- Updated the "out of storage" message
- Fixed content error when Molang expression has no tokens to only fire when
min_engine_versionis 1.17.40 or higher
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.