Minecraft Dungeons releases hotfix patch update for 'Howling Peaks DLC,' fixes some bugs
A small patch to close out the year for Dungeons.
What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is an ARPG co-op focused spin-off of Minecraft from Mojang Studios.
- The game gets regular updates with new content, areas, and balancing changes to mix things up for players.
- The major Howling Peaks DLC was just released, but now that update is getting a small hotfix.
- The hotfix includes a handful of bug fixes and some balancing tweaks to make the game fairer.
Minecraft Dungeons has already had a busy month, with the release of this third expansion, the Howling Peaks DLC, and a new Season Pass that includes the latest DLC as well as three more future updates. However, Mojang Studios isn't quite done with the year yet and is releasing a small hotfix update for Minecraft Dungeons with Update 220.127.116.11. There's nothing terribly exciting about this patch, but it does fix some annoying bugs and make some balancing changes, one of which should hopefully make the game feel fairer.
Minecraft Dungeons is a cross-platform game, and recently enabled Minecraft Dungeons cross-play between those platforms. Play on console, PC, Switch, and even your mobile device through Xbox Cloud Gaming (Project xCloud), where Minecraft Dungeons is our top pick for Best Games for Xbox Cloud Gaming. If you want to play Minecraft Dungeons and more on the go, be sure to invest in one of the Best Controllers for Xbox Cloud Gaming too.
This update should be available for all Minecraft Dungeons platforms simultaneously. The full changelog for Update 18.104.22.168 includes:
- Fixed the Apocalypse Plus prompt appearing after every completed mission
- This prompt will still appear once with each restart of the game and a full fix for the issue will come in an upcoming update
- Cooldown Reduction now affects Satchel of Elements and Scatter Mines
- Fixed mobs not spawning during Night Mode
- Disabled invisibility for enchanted mobs because that was too intense!
The next era of Dungeons
Explore new worlds in Minecraft Dungeons.
It's been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the ARPG dungeon-crawling Minecraft spin-off is looking ahead towards its future, with four new expansions planned. The first one, Howling Peaks, is available right now, but players can also grab the new Season Pass to gain immediate access to all four expansions as soon as they launch.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.