What you need to know
- Minecraft with RTX is getting another beta update today with 22.214.171.124, but this is a minor update.
- The latest beta focuses on performance, stability, and a handful of bug fixes.
- Minecraft with RTX is an evolution in lighting and textures over vanilla Minecraft, but it still has a ways to go.
- This update includes no new information regarding Minecraft on the Xbox Series X.
If it isn't a beta update for Minecraft, then it might as well be a beta update for Minecraft with RTX. The latest beta, 126.96.36.199 barely changes the numbers over the last beta, which finally brought the Nether Update to Minecraft with RTX. Corresponding with the tiny change in numbers is the tiny changelog, which only includes a handful of small fixes for Minecraft's graphical evolution.
The changelog for Minecraft with RTX beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
- Various performance and stability fixes
- Fixed the bug causing blue squares to appear on some textures like gravel and grass
- Fixed an issue that could cause the screen to appear split up if drivers were out of date
- Fixed the bug where unlit torches can emit light
This beta still makes improvements where it matters, but it certainly isn't world-changing as far as beta updates are concerned. That being said, Minecraft with RTX is slowly reaching a place where it should be ready for the public as a whole, and that's very exciting indeed. There's no new information regarding Minecraft on the Xbox Series X here, but with the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S only a few months away now, hopefully we'll learn something soon.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Xbox Series X/S
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.