March Madness is coming soon to college basketball here in the United States. For college hoops fans this is the best time of the year. It’s when 68 college basketball teams come together and compete to be number one in the entire country. Late last month we learned that there would be an official app coming to Windows Phone and Windows 8 to allow you to watch every game this tournament. That Windows Phone app is now here.
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll find NCAA March Madness Live. The app is the ultimate guide for everything college basketball the next couple of weeks. Here’s what you get with the app:
- Watch LIVE streaming of all 67 2014 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament games (paid TV subscription to TBS, TNT & truTV required for games broadcast on these three networks; CBS games do not require a paid TV subscription; 3 hour live video pass available prior to logging in.)
- Follow live scores, team and player stats
- Get the latest news and video highlights throughout the tournament
- Make your picks and create groups in the Capital One NCAA® March Madness® Bracket Challenge, the official bracket game of the NCAA®
- Stay up to date with Live tiles providing the latest news and video highlights
- Receive live game alerts for your favorite teams and for upsets, overtimes, and close games
- Join the conversation via Tournament Tweets
This is an app that is specific to the United States and you’ll need to log in with your TV provider credentials to get the live streaming video access. That said, we’re very impressed to see the app available in the Windows Phone Store five days before the tournament starts.
Download NCAA March Madness Live in the Windows Phone Store for free. There’s a Windows 8 version coming too, though we’re not seeing that app yet. We’ll update when we find it.
Thanks for the tip everyone!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.