What you need to know
- NVIDIA GeForce Now is a streaming service that allows PC players to stream games they own.
- Several new games, including Snowrunner and Streets of Rage 4, have been added to the service.
- Additionally, Control from Remedy now supports DLSS 2.0.
In a press release, NVIDIA shared that multiple new games were being added to the GeForce Now streaming service, including Snowrunner and Streets of Rage 4. Additionally, Remedy's Control now supports DLSS 2.0. Here's the full list of games that have been added:
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Uplay)
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar
- Dead Island Definitive Edition
- Drug Dealer Simulator
- Earth 2160
- Fire Pro Wrestling World
- Medieval Engineers
- Might & Magic Heroes VII – Trial by Fire (Uplay)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- Saints Row 2
- Sanctum 2
- SpellForce – Platinum Edition
- Steel Division: Normandy 44
- Streets of Rage 4
- The Council - Episode 1
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
- Trainz: A New Era
DLSS 2.0 is essentially a kind of aggressive checkerboard rendering with impressive results. If you're curious about exactly how it works, I recommend checking out this video from Digital Foundry.
NVIDIA GeForce Now has struggled over the last few months, as multiple major publishers have pulled out, including 2K Games, Activision Blizzard, Bethesda Softworks and Xbox Game Studios. Not everyone has been wary of the service however, with Ubisoft stating it is fully committed to GeForce Now. CD Projekt Red has also confirmed that the highly-anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 will support GeForce Now on day one.
NVIDIA's cloud game streaming service is one of the best available today, delivering lag-free gaming at 1080p/60fps. The fact that you can access NVIDIA's servers for free makes it an easy sell, and the $4.99 plan makes it an immediately enticing option for seasoned gamers.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.