Microsoft is pushing out a set of updates to its Office suite for Insiders on the Slow ring, and there's plenty of new stuff to check out. Most prominently, you'll now see the revamped Office icons present across the suite, but Microsoft has also added in a new feature to quickly switch between accounts on the fly, along with several improvements to Outlook and Word.
Here's a quick rundown of everything that's new:
All apps: Seamlessly switch between accounts
- The new account manager shows all of your work and personal accounts in one place, and puts you in control of switching between them. This updated experience makes it clear how you're logged in, and now you can toggle between work and personal accounts without having to sign out first or deal with complex dialogs.
Windows #OfficeInsiders, swapping between accounts is now no more then a couple of clicks away! With the new account manager, change between work and personal accounts in seconds, and always be sure of which account you're using! Now in #InsiderSlow https://t.co/fOfCCJSzP6 pic.twitter.com/kcyuLSWkxG— MS Office Insiders (@OfficeInsider) April 17, 2019
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote: Product icons have a new look
- The product icons have been redesigned to reflect simple, powerful, and intelligent Office experiences.
- A simplified ribbon that's customizable too: Enjoy a streamlined, single row of the most frequently used buttons. Easily switch between classic and Simplified views, and pin/unpin commands.
- Relaxed or tighter layout? Choose what feels best: Tighter Spacing lets you decide if you want more space between items, or a tighter layout to see more in your Inbox.
- Set once and forget it: Your Focused Inbox preferences are now stored in the cloud. Enjoy the same experience when you use Outlook for Windows on any computer or Outlook on the web.
- Pick your favorite actions: Don't use Flag and Delete? How about Archive or Mark as Read? Customize the quick action menu for easy access to the commands you use the most.
- Get smart with Microsoft Graph: Import or link to smart contextual data stored in Microsoft Graph and reinvent your desktop database with Intelligent Technology.
- Say goodbye to distractions: A favorite Mac feature comes to Windows! Switch to Focus on the View menu to remove distractions and concentrate on the work at hand.
- More colorful pages: With the addition of more page theme colors, which allows the changing of the background color of the page, we hope to enable people who have challenges reading with an all-white or all-black background to make adjustments that suit them.
The latest updates are currently available on the targeted monthly channel for Office Insiders enrolled in the Slow ring. Presumably, should testing go well, we'll see these features make their way to everyone before too long.
All of Office for one subscription price
Office 365 gives you access to the constantly updated suite of Microsoft's productivity apps, all for one subscription price. Whether you go with Home for $80 per year, Personal for $50, or Business Premium for $150, there's something for everyone.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Microsoft, it's time to speak up about Project xCloud on iOS
With Project xCloud iOS seemingly on hold due to Apple and its App Store restrictions, it’s time for Microsoft to finally speak out.
Review: Horizon Zero Dawn is on the PC now, and it's amazing
One of the greatest PlayStation games in recent memory has come to Steam, all ready to delight a whole new group of people.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.