About two weeks ago we showed you guys and gals a new app for Windows Phone called OneShot. It’s a photography app that lets you take photos with real-time filters and adjust camera settings on the fly with a beautiful interface. OneShot is especially unique because it was one of the (if not the) first third-party app built using Nokia’s new Imaging SDK. The new update brings some features and improves performance. Let’s check it out.
Head on over to the Windows Phone Store and you’ll see version 1.5 ready for you to download. What’s new in this latest version? Glad you asked:
- 3 new filters are available: Valencia, Amaro, Hudson
- Aspect ratio can be changed between 16:9 and 4:3 if both are supported by the device
- A ‘Reset settings’ button has been added to the sidebar that makes it easy to reset the current settings. This feature brings also a new ‘Reset settings’ favorite button to the app bar.
There’s also been a handful of performance improvements and bug fixes in this latest update. Some users on the HTC 8X were having trouble with the app when it first came out, but it looks like those issues have been resolved:
- Fixed bug that caused a crashing issue on HTC devices
- Fixed bug when scrolling through taken images
- Fixed bug that made the screen freeze after focussing
- Some minor improvements and bug fixes
The update also improves performance in the viewfinder by 30%. That results in a higher frame rate when you’re composing images and moving around with filters applied in real-time. Speaking of filters, the size of the preview images in the filter section have been decreased to show more them without needing to scroll as much.
When we first checked out OneShot we were thoroughly impressed with it. The latest update adds to an already solid foundation. You can get OneShot for any Windows Phone 8 device. It goes for $1.99, but you can trial the whole app with the only limitation being you can’t save images.
Grab it in the Store, use the QR code below, or swipe to the right in our app.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.