What you need to know
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a battle royale game that is still quite popular.
- The game is getting a major update soon.
- The "Sanhok" map has been remastered.
- You can purchase PUBG for $19 on Amazon.
Today, PUBG Corporation, the developer behind PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG), announced that the game has sold over 70 million units to date. To mark this occasion, the team has remastered the popular Sanhok map.
When players drop in on July 22 or July 30, on PC and Xbox One respectively, they'll discover that almost every structure, tree, rock, and material in the map has been rebuilt from the ground up. Using data and player feedback, many locations have had extensive design and art upgrades. Popular locations, such as Boot Camp, Ruins, Pai Nan, Khao, and Quarry have all received major updates.
Update 8.1 also brings with it the following major additions.
- The Loot Truck: Driving the roads of Sanhok are autonomous cargo transports that offer players a brand-new way to gear up. As these trucks take damage, they will drop some loot and continue on their way. Players persistent enough to destroy the truck will be rewarded with an even bigger cache of weapons and gear for their squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who take down the Loot Truck will be rewarded with fully customized weapons.
You can preview Update 8.1 with the PC test server on July 15 and the console test server on July 20. We're definitely excited for these changes and can't wait to play them in a few days!
Play more games
It'll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.