Earlier this month PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) made its Xbox One debut, following months of record-breaking success over on PC. Released via "Game Preview," Microsoft's dedicated program for releasing in-progress games across its platforms, the game aimed to capture the magic of its PC version with a controller. And while reception has been mixed out of the gate, future updates are expected to bring significant improvements to the experience.
One week after launch, PUBG has now received its first patch on Xbox One, delivering a range of fixes and tweaks to the existing experience. While mostly minor changes, these set out to add refinements and improved consistency to the existing Xbox version. Upon starting PUBG for Xbox One, players will now be prompted for 4.71 GB mandatory update.
The changes with this update are far from major – no new content has been added, with only some small changes to existing features. The update does remove support for keyboards, which was discovered shortly after launch, and general fixes several console-specific bugs. The update changelog also mentions "visual and performance improvements," though, after some brief testing, these aren't noticeable.
Here's a look at the full changelog, as seen on the PUBG forums.
This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.
Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a >- >- Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) Xbox One ultimate beginner's guide
- Complete list of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Xbox One crates and cosmetics
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Developers weigh in on Microsoft's all-digital Build 2020 conference
Microsoft had to hold Build 2020 as an all-digital event. Developers from around the web shared their thoughts on Microsoft's all-digital conference and the biggest announcements from the event.
Give your sim racing game a lift with one of these great sets of pedals
A good set of pedals is a crucial part of any sim racing setup, and thankfully you don't have to spend a small fortune to get something special. Whether you're a beginner, more advanced, looking to spend a little or money is no object, there's a set of pedals that's right for you.