What you need to know
- Microsoft's PowerToys recently received an update that brings it to version 0.49.0.
- The update refreshes the PowerRename UI, adds a mouse utility, and merges the Video Conference Mute tool into the stable release.
- Version 0.49.0 of PowerToys also includes several fixes and changes, including a change to how the color picker shows HEX format values.
Microsoft recently rolled out an update to PowerToys. The update brings the app to version 0.49.0 and includes several new features. PowerToys now has a refreshed PowerRename UI that lines up with Windows 11, a new mouse utility, and Video Conference Mute in the stable release of the app. The update also changes how the color picker in PowerToys displays HEX format values.
The PowerRename utility allows people to bulk rename files. Its new look appears more like Windows 11.
The new mouse utility allows you to quickly find your mouse by double-pressing the left CTRL key on the keyboard.
Here are the highlights from PowerToys version 0.49.0:
- Find My Mouse utility added! Utilize the functionality to quickly locate the cursor on your displays! Learn more on our Mouse Utility docs.
- Accessibility and minor UI improvements to the settings page. Thanks @niels9001!
- Added deep links to the Settings menus for various utilities within their respective editors. Thanks @niels9001!
- Settings improvements to improve clarity for various options. Thanks @niels9001!
- Improved settings window to adjust size and position as needed when multi-monitor conditions change. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
PowerToys now shows HEX format values without the "#" character. This makes it easier to paste values into certain programs.
The release notes for PowerToys version 0.49.0 state that the Video Conference Mute tool still has some known bugs. The app's developers are working on fixes for these issues.
Handy little toys
Tools that make life just a bit easier
PowerToys is a collection of utilities aimed at power users on Windows. Its latest update adds a new mouse utility and Video Conference Mute.
Sean Endicott is the news writer for Windows Central. If it runs Windows, is made by Microsoft, or has anything to do with either, he's on it. Sean's been with Windows Central since 2017 and is also our resident app expert. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.
And still it's 64-Bit only/no ARM support 🤦♂️
This looks nice. Only for Windows 11?
No, it works just fine on Windows 10.
Great that the updates and features keep coming. I'm not so keen on the find my mouse feature, as it's already default behavior to have a growing circle animation on the mouse cursor whenever you press Ctrl, no matter where you are in W10.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.