What you need to know
- Red Dead Redemption 2 first released back in October 2018.
- For a few weeks now, photo mode has been available on PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC.
- Photo mode has now been added to the Xbox One version of the game.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 for Xbox One is $30 on the Microsoft Store.
While photo mode has been available in the PC and PlayStation 4 versions of Red Dead Redemption 2 for several weeks now, Xbox players have been left out. That changes today, as Rockstar Games confirmed that photo mode is now available in the game on Xbox One.
Here's the full list of new content that's been added:
- Photo Mode
- Story Mode Bounty Hunter Missions: track down wanted criminals Herman Zizendorf, Camille de Millemont and Bart Cavanaugh
- Story Mode Gang Hideouts: Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon's Folly
- Story Mode Treasure Maps: Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail
- "To The Ends of The Earth" Story Mode Mission
- Weapons Added to Story Mode: M1899 Pistol, Evans Repeater, High Roller Revolver and LeMat Revolver
- Horses Added to Story Mode: Warped Brindle Arabian, Few Spot Appaloosa, Perlino Andalusian and Red Chestnut Arabian
- Hidden Trinkets Added to Story Mode: Hawk Talon, Cat Eye, Shark Tooth, Turtle Shell and Crow Beak
Xbox players can now take new shots in photo mode and save them, or upload them to the Rockstar Social Club. Photo mode naturally only works in the Story Mode of Red Dead Redemption 2.
The dying west
The red sun is going down
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a modern epic, with carefully crafted detail in every inch of its amazing world. As Arthur Morgan, fight to stay one step ahead of the law and keep the gang together, whatever it takes. Then, explore with your friends in Red Dead Online.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.