After spending some time with Sea of Thieves, you'll be on your way to becoming a Pirate Legend. Ruling the waters, you'll leave other in awe, flaunting your triumphs to passing crews. Here's what being a Pirate Legend means and the journey it entails.
What is a Pirate Legend in Sea of Thieves?
Pirate Legend is the coveted prime status in Sea of Thieves, positioned as the ultimate goal for pirates. Implemented as the "end-game" for any eager player, earning this prestige unlocks access exclusive content to stand out on the seas.
However, unlocking the title of Pirate Legend doesn't come easy – to reach this level and reap its benefits, heavy work lies ahead. With hundreds of hours required to reach it, only a few deserving pirates currently boast this title.
How to become a Pirate Legend in Sea of Thieves
Becoming a Pirate Legend requires players to hit the maximum reputation level across all three of the game's trading companies. Accessible by pressing the "Menu" button while in-game, reputation with the Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance must reach level 50. As existing Sea of Thieves players will know, increasing your level with each of these factions requires redemption of treasure. Whether through trading company voyages or randomly found loot, you'll need to build these three important figures.
After hitting level 50 across all three factions, players should return to the tavern at any of the game's outposts. When inside, access to an underground passage can be opened, leading to the Pirate Legend hideout.
Sea of Thieves Pirate Legend rewards
Becoming a pirate legend isn't just about the name – after hitting this status, you'll also receive exclusive in-game content and rewards. Access to this can be found through the Pirate Legend hideout, between various NPCs. This is what you'll get for your trouble.
- Access to a new underground Pirate Legend hideout, with a unique ghostly design and docked wrecked ship.
- Access to the "Athena's Fortune" faction, granting new quests and rewards. These quests are essentially a blend of the game's three main factions.
- New "Ghost" cosmetics for your pirate.
- A new Pirate Legend title for your pirate.
- Rare has also teased upcoming Pirate Legend content, including Legendary ships for use during your adventures.
After becoming a Pirate Legend, you'll still have access to all previous game content. All three factions can still be found around traditional outposts, with their associated rewards.
Your Pirate Legend journey
How close are you to Pirate Legend in Sea of Thieves? Drop into the comments section below and share your adventure so far.
- Sea of Thieves on Windows Central
- Sea of Thieves Xbox One review: Fun is in the journey, not the destination
- What to expect from future Sea of Thieves updates
- Microsoft simply can't afford to blow the opportunity that is Sea of Thieves
- How to make quick gold in Sea of Thieves
- Sea of Thieves gameplay tips for new players and budding pirates
- Sea of Thieves ships guide: Tips and tricks for sails, combat, repairs and more
- Sea of Thieves skins list: Clothing, weapons, and items
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.