The Judge's Gaze tomb will be one of the first tombs you will encounter in the game after you reach the Peruvian Jungle. You will not be able to access this tomb right away until you have your pickaxe again.
How to complete the Judge's Gaze Challenge Tomb
The following steps will guide you through the aforementioned Challenge Tomb in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- Entering this tomb, you will see a cave and a long jump down. Jump into the water and swim toward the next area.
- Climb the ledges to the right of the statue.
- Jump onto the counterweight to raise the statue.
Continue following the path across the bridge until you reach the main puzzle room. There will be a large fallen ladder in the center, two pulley carts on the left, a large bust in the middle, and two suspended statues on either side of the bust.
Shoot arrows at the white ropes on each statue. This should automatically attach them to the white ropes on each corresponding side of the fallen ladder if you are standing close enough.
Next, focus on the left side of the room with the two carts.
- Pull the cart with the weight latched into it all the way back, releasing the weight.
- Then move that same cart all the way forward until it hits the bridge and you cannot push any further.
At this point, you'll want to move that second cart to the place the first cart was initially, which will be on top of a small square in the ground. The prongs will open up on each side of the cart once it enters the correct position.
Climb up the wall to your left, taking care to avoid the trap on the ground.
- Jump onto the weight that is now suspended so that it falls back down and latches into place on the cart. This will raise the ladder while snapping the rope attached to the statue on the right.
- Now push the other cart under the raised ladder until the prongs open up again on the other side.
- Attach another rope to the right statue and right side of the ladder.
Jump to the ledge on your right and repeat what you did previously, jumping onto the weight so that it falls down and latches into place on the cart.
The remaining statue should raise and the collapsed ladder along with it. You can climb up the ladder to complete the tomb.
This will unlock the Caiman's Heart skill, which allows Lara to regenerate health more quickly.
Remember to check out our thoughts of the game in our review (spoiler free, of course) and why we consider it to be "Lara Croft's best adventure yet."
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Xbox Series X, PS5 fiascos show the problem with digital age preorders
We might be looking at a new normal when it comes to ordering tech in the digital age. Thanks to a lack of transparency from retailers and manufacturers, it's all going to be confusing.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Review: SteelSeries made the Arctis 1 work with Xbox, and it's amazing
SteelSeries took the Arctis 1, its more affordable headset, and added wireless but it didn't officially support Microsoft's console. Now, SteelSeries launched the Arctis 1 Wireless with full support for Xbox, and we took it for a spin.
Best Xbox Game Pass games for Xbox One
Pick up the best Xbox One games included with an Xbox Game Pass subscription.