The entrance to the Underworld Gate tomb is right next to a base camp in the Peruvian Jungle. This will be one of the first tombs you come across along with Judge's Gaze.
How to complete the Underworld Gate Challenge Tomb
The following steps will guide you through the aforementioned Challenge Tomb in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- To enter the area, you'll need to crawl through a long path until you reach the other side.
- Follow the path until you reach a tree right before a ledge.
- Jump across the tree and make your way to the rock wall, gripping it with your pickaxe.
- Shimmy to your left until you can jump down onto the platform.
- You'll come to a collapsed bridge. Look to your right and walk across the fallen tree, jumping from branches until you reach the rock wall.
- Rappel down and swing onto the ground below.
- You'll come to an area with an abandoned camp and corpses. Go to your right and jump onto the rock wall.
- Climb all the way to the top of the rock wall and jump to the ledge to your left, shimmying across to the other side.
- At this point, you'll come to a base camp. You'll want to squeeze through the rocks ahead it.
- In the room with the blocked staircase, jump up the wall to your right and climb up to view the main puzzle.
- Follow the path to the left and rappel down from the rock wall, swinging onto the ground below.
- Next to a small cave, you'll see a tree that you can climb. Climb up it and jump from the branch using your grapple-swing to get to the other side.
- You can largely ignore the area to your left and keep going forward until you reach another fallen tree you can cross.
- Pull the large wooden mechanism so that you can see and attach a rope between it and the ledge across from it.
- Use the rope to get to the other side.
- In this area, you'll see a large wooden lever. Pull this toward yourself until it releases a suspended box that swings by.
- Jump onto the box and down onto the platform where the first wooden mechanism was.
- Then push the wooden mechanism back to its original position and attach a rope between it and the box.
- Jump back onto the box to get to the section you were just at and pull the lever forward once again.
- Quickly run and jump onto the suspended box before the rope breaks. It will then carry you toward the next section.
- Follow the path down a ledge and up a rock wall until you reach the top.
From there you'll have completed the tomb. This will unlock the Eagle's Perch skill which increases your speed when climbing.
Remember to check out our thoughts of the game in our review (spoiler free, of course) and why we consider it to be "Lara Croft's best adventure yet."
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life, and is very happy Xbox is growing a stronger first-party portfolio. You can find her obsessing over Star Wars and other geeky things on Twitter @JenLocke95.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.