The entrance to the Underworld Gate tomb is right next to a base camp in the Peruvian Jungle. This will be one of the first tombs you come across along with Judge's Gaze.
How to complete the Underworld Gate Challenge Tomb
The following steps will guide you through the aforementioned Challenge Tomb in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- To enter the area, you'll need to crawl through a long path until you reach the other side.
- Follow the path until you reach a tree right before a ledge.
- Jump across the tree and make your way to the rock wall, gripping it with your pickaxe.
- Shimmy to your left until you can jump down onto the platform.
- You'll come to a collapsed bridge. Look to your right and walk across the fallen tree, jumping from branches until you reach the rock wall.
- Rappel down and swing onto the ground below.
You'll come to an area with an abandoned camp and corpses. Go to your right and jump onto the rock wall.
Climb all the way to the top of the rock wall and jump to the ledge to your left, shimmying across to the other side.
- At this point, you'll come to a base camp. You'll want to squeeze through the rocks ahead it.
In the room with the blocked staircase, jump up the wall to your right and climb up to view the main puzzle.
Follow the path to the left and rappel down from the rock wall, swinging onto the ground below.
- Next to a small cave, you'll see a tree that you can climb. Climb up it and jump from the branch using your grapple-swing to get to the other side.
You can largely ignore the area to your left and keep going forward until you reach another fallen tree you can cross.
Pull the large wooden mechanism so that you can see and attach a rope between it and the ledge across from it.
- Use the rope to get to the other side.
- In this area, you'll see a large wooden lever. Pull this toward yourself until it releases a suspended box that swings by.
- Jump onto the box and down onto the platform where the first wooden mechanism was.
- Then push the wooden mechanism back to its original position and attach a rope between it and the box.
- Jump back onto the box to get to the section you were just at and pull the lever forward once again.
Quickly run and jump onto the suspended box before the rope breaks. It will then carry you toward the next section.
Follow the path down a ledge and up a rock wall until you reach the top.
From there you'll have completed the tomb. This will unlock the Eagle's Perch skill which increases your speed when climbing.
Remember to check out our thoughts of the game in our review (spoiler free, of course) and why we consider it to be "Lara Croft's best adventure yet."
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Best Xbox Game Pass games for Xbox One
Pick up the best Xbox One games included with an Xbox Game Pass subscription.