What you need to know
- Stardock just released v1.3 of Start11, a tool that allows PC owners to customize the Start menu.
- The latest version of Start11 includes a rebuilt taskbar that supports ungrouping items.
- The update also improves multi-monitor support for the taskbar by letting you define window groupings on secondary monitors.
A new version of Start11 adds several new options for organizing programs on the taskbar. The program now lets you ungroup windows on the taskbar and supports keeping application icons centered while moving the Start button to the left of the screen. You can now drag a file to an open app in the taskbar to open the file.
Here's the complete changelog, as outlined by Stardock:
- All new taskbar experience that allows you to ungroup windows on the taskbar in Windows 11.
- New option to left-align the Start button but keep application icons centered while grouped or ungrouped.
- Ability to drag a file to an open app on the taskbar and have it open the file.
- Enhanced multi-monitor taskbar support to independently define window grouping on secondary monitors.
- Ability to resize the taskbar to increase its height – great for users with lots of app running.
"The new taskbar features are designed to deliver functionality from previous versions of Windows but make them look and feel native to Windows 11," said VP and GM of Stardock Brad Sams. "With our new taskbar experience, we have created a foundation for bringing additional functionality to Windows 11 to further our mission to make Windows more personal and productive."
You can download the most recent version of Start11 by logging in to your Stardock account and checking the "My Downloads" section.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.