What you need to know
- Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed is an open-world survival game.
- It's a mash-up of the exploration and farming genre.
- You can think of it as a hybrid of Harvest Moon and The Legend of Zelda.
- It's coming to Xbox One and other consoles in October.
Today, Merge Games just announced that it's teaming up with Lemonbomb Entertainment and Rokapublish to deliver Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands to consoles this October. The game is coming to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. The game is incredibly popular on PC and has over 75,000 Steam wishlists already.
Unlike other experiences, Stranded Sails is an open-world exploration and farming adventure which focuses on discovery. Ship-wrecked on a mysterious archipelago, it's up to you to survive, solve the island's mysteries, and find a way to escape. The game also adds survival mechanics so it's not as easy as it looks.
The main features are listed below.
- Experience an open-world adventure full of quests.
- Farm and cook to survive.
- Manage the creation and expansion of your crew.
- Explore a diverse array of different islands by foot or boat.
- Fight against supernatural dangers and solve puzzles.
As expected, Stranded Sails takes inspiration from the Harvest Moon, The Legend of Zelda, and My Time At Portia. Be sure to keep an eye on this one if you're interested in such experiences.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.