New trailer for Xbox Series X and S launch title The Falconeer shows the factions of the world
You're not the only one in the air.
What you need to know
- The Falconeer is an upcoming launch title for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
- In it, players engage in aerial combat on the back of a massive bird.
- There are four factions players can choose to align themselves with.
- A new trailer for The Falconeer shows these factions and the world of the Great Ursee.
The Falconeer is an upcoming flight combat game where players take to the skies on the back of a massive bird, engaging in dangerous missions across a beautiful world known as the Great Ursee. There's a new trailer for the game which discusses some of the factions that players will encounter while soaring above the endless waters.
In the world of The Falconeer, there are four different factions that players can join:
- The Northern Imperium. The greatest power on The Great Ursee, the Imperial throne commands the Northern Ursee with nobility, subterfuge, and manipulation as tools of power.
- The Mancer Order. The master scholars of The Order control all access to technology across the Ursee, guiding the march of progress towards an unknown destination along 'The Path.'
- The Civilian Freehouses. A loosely aligned assemblage of independent communities united in defense of local trade and subject to the machinations of the Imperium and Mancer Order.
- The Freebooter Rebellion. Outcasts banished to the dark places of the Ursee, now returned from their exile with dark and ancient knowledge to wreak havoc on their long-time tormentors.
"I wanted the world of the Ursee to feel tangible, not just visually but with history and conflict you get to experience," says Tomas Sala, developer of The Falconeer. " It's never immediately clear who is a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy'. I hope players get to experience The Falconeer as a journey of discovery, unlocking the secrets of The Great Ursee and its people as they play."
The Falconeer is set to release on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and PC on November 10. The game supports Smart Delivery and runs at 4K 60FPS on Xbox Series X.
Best of all worlds
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. You also get access to EA Play.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.