What you need to know
- The Falconeer is an upcoming launch title for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
- In it, players engage in aerial combat on the back of a massive bird.
- There are four factions players can choose to align themselves with.
- A new trailer for The Falconeer shows these factions and the world of the Great Ursee.
The Falconeer is an upcoming flight combat game where players take to the skies on the back of a massive bird, engaging in dangerous missions across a beautiful world known as the Great Ursee. There's a new trailer for the game which discusses some of the factions that players will encounter while soaring above the endless waters.
In the world of The Falconeer, there are four different factions that players can join:
- The Northern Imperium. The greatest power on The Great Ursee, the Imperial throne commands the Northern Ursee with nobility, subterfuge, and manipulation as tools of power.
- The Mancer Order. The master scholars of The Order control all access to technology across the Ursee, guiding the march of progress towards an unknown destination along 'The Path.'
- The Civilian Freehouses. A loosely aligned assemblage of independent communities united in defense of local trade and subject to the machinations of the Imperium and Mancer Order.
- The Freebooter Rebellion. Outcasts banished to the dark places of the Ursee, now returned from their exile with dark and ancient knowledge to wreak havoc on their long-time tormentors.
"I wanted the world of the Ursee to feel tangible, not just visually but with history and conflict you get to experience," says Tomas Sala, developer of The Falconeer. " It's never immediately clear who is a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy'. I hope players get to experience The Falconeer as a journey of discovery, unlocking the secrets of The Great Ursee and its people as they play."
Best of all worlds
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Subscription
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. You also get access to EA Play.
Xbox Series X/S
This looks interesting. Ms needs to reveal their launch games. This console launch has been more annoying than exciting.
I'm interested in this game. I agree about the lineup, but for me the benefit of the Series X is the load speed and 4k60. More games will run so well and I still have a good number from this Gen I have to play
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.