As we head towards the public launch of the 1710 Xbox One update, Microsoft is working hard to polish the new dashboard and its features on the Xbox Insider Program. This latest build fixes issues with the new USB camera functionality, Games & Apps, and much more.
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170920-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/22 (1:00AM GMT 23/9)
FOR PREVIEW DELTA:
- This update will be available to a select subset of Preview Delta participants (not all of Preview Delta will receive the update).
- This update may become available and mandatory to selected Preview Delta participants at different times than those listed above.
- Not all selected Preview Delta participants will receive the update at the same time.
Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused games to crash or fail to launch.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused errors when launching games while downloading in the background.
- Home Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause the dashboard to load to a black screen when resuming from connected standby.
- USB Camera Enhanced error messages for USB camera issues.
- Profile Fixed an issue which prevented scrolling sideways in the Welcome and Social tabs.
- The focus should no longer get stuck when navigating between tabs in Game Hub. #
- The tab buttons in Game Hub no longer have a black glow.
- Light Theme Resolved visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist, and the Mixer twist.
- Backgrounds Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.
- Blu-Ray Player 3D Blu-Ray content may not correctly play in 3D.
- Sign-in When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the "Lock it down" security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the "Ask for my passkey" or "No barriers" security preferences. Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile's security preference to "Ask for my passkey" or "No barriers". Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
- Netflix When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon.
The 1710 update should drop some time around October 2017, as its name suggests. New avatars, game gifting, and more should be on the way in coming builds, we'll just have to wait and see.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
"Fixed an issue which sometimes caused errors when launching games while downloading in the background." This happened to Apps also I believe. There is no notice while an application is downloading that i cannot be launched at that time.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.