Time Out is a magazine (www.timeout.com) that helps you find out things to do in supported major metropolitan area. Reviews, information on events, activities, local art exhibitions, food and more are all included. Think of it as your guide for everything you should at least check out. The company who owns the publication has now updated its Windows apps for Windows 8.1 with an array of new features.
Currently, there are Time Out apps covering New York, London, Paris (both French and English), Barcelona and Los Angeles available on both Windows 8 and Windows Phone. They're free to download and we strongly urge you to check them out. But what about the Windows 8 apps, what's new in this latest version for each of the supported cities?
According to the change log we've received, here's the list of new features and changes:
- Snap Views - 8.1 snap views can be sized at any size across the screen, enabling you to control what's displayed
- Search - The search box will now be included on the app itself as well as the new and improved windows search
- New tile sizes – There are 4 available sizes of a tile now to match the new layouts introduced in Windows 8.1
- Fixed map view of locations
- Events - What’s on listing using new API
- Film - Time and cinema locations now displayed with new API
- Tickets - Option to book events with new API
- Reviews (read only) - Added to film / venue details along with film times
- Shows - Times listing with extra feature sort cinemas from ‘nearby’ or ‘all
If you've never picked up a physical copy, or have ever downloaded the Time Out apps, now's your chance with the above improvements implemented. The Windows Phone versions are also worth picking up should you not have a tablet at hand (or wish to access the content when on the move), you can find links to those editions in our Windows Phone article.
For you Windows 8 users, you can download the Time Out apps from the Windows Store for free, using the links below:
- Time Out New York Store Link
- Time Out London Store Link
- Time Out Paris (English) Store Link
- Time Out Paris (French) Store Link
- Time Out Barcelona Store Link
- Time Out Los Angeles Store Link
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: HP ENVY x360 13 with AMD Ryzen is our best pick for budget 2-in-1
HP refreshes its budget-friendly ENVY x360 13-inch laptop for 2020 by embracing AMD's latest Ryzen Mobile 4000 chips. With pricing starting as low at $650 and excellent design and display, it's easy to call this the best budget convertible pick for 2020.
Microsoft Teams appears to be down right now
If you're having issues with Microsoft Teams this morning, you're not alone. The service appears to be having problems today, with Down Detector showing a huge spike in reported issues.
Should you buy Intel or AMD processors?
Choosing between AMD and Intel processors for desktop and laptop PCs isn't a challenge since most processors will be more than capable of handling standard computing tasks, but if you're after the best CPU for gaming or enthusiast use, this guide runs through the differences.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.