Planning a holiday to the United Kingdom anytime soon? Based in the UK and just need some help in avoiding traffic headaches? Traffic and Travel UK is available over at the Windows Phone Marketplace that may help you get around the UK a little easier. Billed as the most comprehensive app for finding information on Road, Train and other travel disruptions throughout the United Kingdom.
Traffic and Travel UK was recently updated to version 2.1 bringing traffic cameras in Wales, improvements to the push notifications to the apps Live Tile, and with the Quick Traffic feature you can see a listing of traffic instances in order of distance from your current location. Additional features of Traffic and Travel UK include:
- The only app providing specific and detailed travel information for England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, London, and Sheffield area.
- Road maps and lists detailing traffic information in the UK.
- Live Tile Push notifications displaying traffic updates from your selected region without opening the app.
- View specific Traffic and Roadworks information for UK roads by Motorway or A road.
- View Traffic Cameras in Scotland, Northern Ireland (Belfast Area), Wales, and Sheffield area.
- London Traffic information selectable for each area of the city including roadworks and congestion charging information.
- Access Transport for London ‘s 182 CCTV cameras on major London roads.
- National Rail disruption information, UK Stations Map, and find your nearest by distance to current location.
- London Underground and DLR line status and delays information for now and the coming weekend as well as maps of stations, and distance to current location.
- Searchable list of 850+ Private Hire Taxi firms in greater London area with details of each company.
- View map of piers, and timetables for Thames Riverboats.
- UK ferry port map.
There is a free trail version available for Traffic and Travel UK with the full version running $1.29. You can find both here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.
Thanks goes out to Dan for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.