Images from the Windows Phone 8 SDK show off updated Office, SMS backup
It’s still technically the same day as the leak of the Windows Phone 8 SDK and now some images are showing up online showcasing some new features of the updated OS (we’re visiting Canada and don’t have access to our Win 8 machine to run the SDK ourselves). The images come via WP7.Hu who has thrown no less than 30 images up on their site.
Images are stronger than words so we’ll keep this one brief. These images show of various new or updates features in Windows Phone 8 which consumers will be more than glad to gander. Here’s what is displayed after the break (and above):
- Text message backup to SkyDrive
- Office 2013 for Windows Phone
- Photo options
- New Accent colors
- Lock screen options
- Phone storage (+ SD card support)
- App list + setting backup feature
- Microsoft Account
- Voice Command options
- Xbox Music
Needless to say, it’s a lot so head past the break to see it all in its glory. Make sure to "click to enlarge" to get a better look. Thanks, xajuan, for the tip
Windows Phone 8 Accents and Lock Screen options
Phone options, SD storage, app backup and languages
Microsoft Account, Voice Command options
Microsoft Wallet, Microsoft Music
Make sure you read up on the rest of our coverage of the leaked Windows Phone 8 SDK:
- Windows Phone 8 to feature developer access to Voice Command features
- Windows Phone 8 to feature expanded Bluetooth functionality, access to stack and transfer
- Windows Phone 8 SDK Preview: Application platform overview and Windows 8 APIs
- Windows Phone 8 - Photo Apps now able to auto upload in background
- Windows Phone 8 allows Lock-screen notifications and wallpaper for 3rd party apps
- Windows Phone 8 bringing Lenses feature to expand camera functionality
- Auto Launching Apps now possible using file associations for Windows Phone 8
- New Map Features in Windows Phone 8
- More Windows Phone 8 dev features revealed - background location, video codecs and more
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
The best photo editing apps for Windows 10
Whether you need to remove red eyes, or do heavy duty editing, these are the best photo editing apps for Windows 10.