What you need to know
- Valheim's content roadmap has changed, and the next content update will arrive in Q3 2021.
- The new content update, titled Hearth & Home, will add new food and building materials to the game.
- The reason for the delay was Valheim's unexpected spike in popularity.
- The developers will focus on the Mistlands update directly after the completion of Heart & Home.
- They will hosting an AMA on r/valheim on June 11th, 2 PM CEST.
It sounds like the Vikings of Valheim will have to wait a little longer for the next content update. Developer Iron Gate took to Steam earlier today with a news update, announcing that Valheim's content roadmap has changed and that the first update planned, titled Hearth & Home, has been delayed.
The developers were transparent about their progress in the post, citing Valheim's popularity as one of the reasons for the delay:
"We weren't prepared for such a large influx of players, and this highlighted a thousand new problems and bugs that needed to be fixed urgently. Our priority has been to make the current experience as stable as possible and this has meant new content has taken a backseat. To put it clearly; we haven't been able to focus all of our resources on Hearth & Home until May."
The new roadmap for the game is much smaller than previously announced, and they will now immediately focus on the Mistlands update directly after they've finished Hearth & Home, which is now targeting a Q3 2021 release.
It's not all doom and gloom, however, as the developer shared some progress photos, including new cooking station extensions, new foods and plants, and new build pieces. The developer also announced that they'll be participating in an AMA (ask me anything) on the r/valheim subreddit on June 11th, 2 PM CEST.
Valheim is still in Early Access, but it became a huge hit when it launched in February, selling five million copies in just one month and quickly becoming one of the most popular games on Twitch. It's easily one of our favorite games of the year and is one of the best survival games on the PC.