Verizon officially announces the Touch Pro 2
Hey, don't be so surprised. We already told you the HTC Touch Pro 2 would be out on Verizon by the end of the week, and now it's really real, and you can pick one up starting Friday.
Also real is the $199 price (after $100 rebate and 2-year contract, of course). And as expected, the 3.5mm headphone jack is on board. Anything else you need to know that hasn't been out in the open for a long, long while now?
Full presser after the break.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and BELLEVUE, Wash. — Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation introduce the HTC Touch Pro2™, a global-capable smartphone designed for the busiest professionals and world travelers. The HTC Touch Pro2 features an extra-large 3.6-inch touch screen that tilts to an optimal viewing angle, an ergonomic slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and an advanced speakerphone with asymmetric speakers and advanced noise suppression to deliver customers a robust productivity experience. Created with the intuitive TouchFLO 3D user interface, data on the HTC Touch Pro2 can be easily accessed with just the touch of a finger.
Available color: Black
Key specifications and features:
- High-speed connectivity over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (1x/EV-DO Revision A 800/1900 MHz)
- Global connectivity to allow customers to access e-mail and data in more than 180 destinations and to use the phone for voice calling in more than 220 destinations (GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA/HSPA 2100 MHz)
- Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11 b/g)
- 3.6 inch WVGA resolution (480 x 800) tilting touch screen
- Advanced speakerphone with noise-cancelling technology
- 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture
- Touch-sensitive zoom bar
- Seamless connectivity with Microsoft® Exchange, Outlook and Office applications with Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR and A2DP stereo
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7600A, 528 MHz
- Memory: 512 MB ROM, 288 MB RAM
- Dimensions: 4.57” x 2.33” x .68” (length x width x height)
- Weight: 6.3 ounces (with standard battery)
- Extended 1500 mAh battery for longer operation times
- Up to 5.3 hours of talk time (CDMA) or up to 13.5 days of standby time (CDMA)
- Linked contact view delivers e-mail, text message, call history, and even Flickr images and Facebook® updates to a single location
- Push Internet technology ensures that favorite Web sites are always ready for viewing at a moment’s notice
- 3.5 mm audio jack and stereo Bluetooth support to enjoy multimedia content through a variety of audio equipment
- Optional expandable microSD™ memory with up to 16 GB to store music, video, images, applications and other content
- Built-in GPS for VZ Navigator(SM), VZ Navigator(SM) Global and other location-based services and applications
Price and availability:
- The HTC Touch Pro2 will be available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an e-mail feature or e-mail plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Beginning Friday, customers can order the HTC Touch Pro2 online at www.verizonwireless.com (opens in new tab), in business sales channels and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com (opens in new tab).
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
And I agree that AT&T needs to get it in gear. One can only hope that AT&T is waiting for October 6th and release it with WM 6.5.