What are the minimum/recommended specs for Minecraft Dungeons?
Playing the game without the bells and whistles
Mojang released the minimum recommended specs for Minecraft Dungeons, and they're pretty much in line with what we expected. Minecraft Dungeons isn't a demanding game, by any means, but you'll still need a halfway decent gaming rig to get a passable playing experience.
According to Mojang, in order to play Minecraft Dungeons you'll need:
- An Intel Core i5 at 2.8GHz or an AMD equivalent.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD Radeon HD 7870 or equivalent GPU that supports DirectX 11.
- 8GB of RAM, 2 GB of VRAM.
- 6GB of free storage.
- A 64-bit version of Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Taking it to the next level
Minecraft Dungeon's minimum recommended requirements allow you to play Minecraft Dungeons at an acceptable framerate, with the catch that you may see reduced visual fidelity, effects, resolution, or consistent performance. While you could certainly get away with this and still enjoy the many wonderful things about Dungeons, you'll be missing out on the game as Mojang envisioned it. To get the best experience possible, I'd recommend turning it up a notch or three, especially with something from our collection of the best graphics card picks.
If you want to get the most out of Minecraft Dungeons, we recommend:
- Intel Core i5-9600K (opens in new tab) ($200 at Best Buy) or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (opens in new tab) ($190 at Best Buy).
- EVGA KO Ultra Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (opens in new tab) ($310 at Best Buy).
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB RAM (opens in new tab) ($80 at Best Buy).
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit (opens in new tab) ($140 at Best Buy).
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft grows up and reaches out.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and it looks like Mojang and Microsoft are hitting another one out of the park. Minecraft Dungeons combines the familiar world we all grew up on with an injection of Diablo, a whole lot of fun. Available on every platform you're on, for a ridiculously tempting price, what's not to love?
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.