If you've had trouble finding a Sphero BB-8, either prepping for a Christmas present or just some immediate nerdy satisfaction for yourself, you might be in luck. A number of major retailers, including Amazon, now have stock of the world's most popular droid. Considering how hot these things are right now, these could go out of stock at any moment, so you probably want to act fast.
For those who aren't familiar, the Sphero BB-8 is a mechanical ball that connects wirelessly over Bluetooth to your Windows phone or tablet. You can then remotely control the BB-8, put it on set patrol paths to roll through, or let it roam on its own. Over time it develops its own reactions to what's happening around it. As a nice added touch, there's an augmented reality app that lets users upload "holographic" video messages into the Sphero, and view them in the app. Check out our run-down of the Sphero BB-8 to see what's up.
As of today, the following retailers have the BB-8 in stock.
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Amazon
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from ThinkGeek
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Best Buy
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Sprint
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Bed Bath & Beyond
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Sphero
- Buy the Sphero BB-8 from Marbles, The Brain Store
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.