Microsoft today is pushing another new build from the 20H1 development branch for Windows Insiders on the Skip Ahead ring to check out. Today's release brings the build number up to 18865, which includes a host of general performance improvements and fixes, but no no new features to check out.
Here's what's new in build 18865.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- In Cursor & pointer setting, tooltips will now show when you move the mouse over the different color options.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator's Copy command in Scan mode in Facebook's "Write a comment" text field resulted in message "Item cannot take focus".
- Narrator now announces the toggle state of checkbox in Listview.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator read "has finished loading" multiple times when loading a new page in Chrome.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator did not read cell content in Excel when using F2 to edit.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator said "end of line" when navigated to an empty cell while editing a table.
- Scan mode will now switch off to allow typing in the edit field of a spinner control.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator did not read aria-label information from button.
- Improved Narrator's fallback logic for controls with no accessible name.
- Narrator will now present "invalid" or "required" properties on more controls.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille showed the window title instead of the first line on the braille display when navigating to the beginning of the document with Ctrl + Home in a text editing area.
- Narrator Braille user can now reliably activate links by routing key.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille did not render information on the braille display about the login pop up while creating a page in Facebook.com.
- We fixed the issue where Narrator Braille would show the accessible name in the beginning of every line in a text area.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a duplicate empty copy of certain folders being created on upgrade for some users.
- We fixed an issue where, if your computer supported Wi-Fi and you had the Performance tab set as default in Task Manager, on Task Manager launch, the Wi-Fi section in the Performance tab would appear to be selected, but the details displayed would be for the CPU section.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing unexpected BitLocker prompts to encrypt certain drives, and then subsequently failing to encrypt.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled, the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Creative has released updated drivers for some affected X-Fi sound cards. Please refer to Creative's website for details on your particular hardware and any available updates.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Skip Ahead and switch to either the Fast ring or the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
As usual, you can find the full release notes on the Windows Blog for a deeper dive. Otherwise, if you're enrolled in Skip Ahead, you can grab build 18865 via Windows Update now.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.