Another week, another Insider Preview build for those in the Fast ring! Today's build is 17763, and is one of the last builds Insiders are going to receive for testing before Microsoft finalizes this release. This build includes only bug fixes.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn't mean we're done…
- We fixed an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn't play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn't displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand "Background processes" in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
As always, you can check the full changelog at the Windows Blog.
Why does the change log keep saying they removed the watermark? It's been several builds ago they did that.
My guess is legal disclaimer.
So they can make the point in the following line 😉
Possible RTM build? Those two issues could likely be fixed with a patch. We shall see...
If there are bugs in Task Manager, it takes guts to release it as final. Task Manager is not like a Paint 3D defect. I'd say they had better investigate it and fix before release. They are not in a hurry anyways.
Until this build was released I would've agree with you
now I think they're gonna release one more build. 17764 or higher like 17770
I was thinking 17766 last week
there will be one more build
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.