Another week, another Insider Preview build for those in the Fast ring! Today's build is 17763, and is one of the last builds Insiders are going to receive for testing before Microsoft finalizes this release. This build includes only bug fixes.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn't mean we're done…
- We fixed an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn't play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn't displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand "Background processes" in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
As always, you can check the full changelog at the Windows Blog.
Get early access to Windows 10 October 2020 update – here's how.
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Windows 10 October 2020 Update moves closer to launch with Release Preview
The Windows 10 October 2020 Update is nearly ready for primetime. Microsoft began shipping the update to Release Preview Insiders today, which is the last stop before it will start its full rollout to the public.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.