Windows 10 has a pile of new gaming settings as of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and we're here to show you what's new.
How to find the Windows 10 game settings
- Open the Settings menu by clicking the cogwheel in the bottom left corner of the Start Menu.
Select Gaming in the Settings Menu.
The menu options from here grant you access to various functions to tailor your gaming experience with Windows 10 features.
- You can customize the Windows 10 Game Bar, adding your own keyboard shortcuts for its various functions and features. Head here for more information on how to use it.
- You can configure the Windows 10 Game DVR, which records gameplay in the background so you can capture video and screenshots. There is more information on how it works over here.
- You can set up broadcasting on Windows 10, allowing you to stream your gameplay to Microsoft's streaming platform, Mixer.com. Go here to learn how to do that.
- The Game Mode segment simply tells you if your PC is Game Mode capable. Game Mode doesn't seem to have a huge impact on gameplay performance in our testing, even in the April 2018 update. If you want to try it out yourself, though, head here to find out how it works.
- You can also enable TruePlay, which is an anti-cheat system provided by Microsoft. Not many games seem to use this as of writing, so if enabling it screws with your games, we recommend keeping it off.
- It also lets you check your connectivity to Xbox Live services via the Xbox Networking tab.
More Windows 10 gaming resources
We have a bunch of resources on how to use the settings in the Windows 10 gaming section outlined above right here.
- How to use the Windows 10 Game Bar and DVR
- How to disable the Game Bar
- How to broadcast to Mixer using the Game Bar
- How to enable (and disable) Game Mode in Windows 10
Everything Windows 10
For more helpful articles, coverage, and answers to common questions about Windows 10, visit the following resources:
- Windows 10 on Windows Central – All you need to know
- Windows 10 help, tips, and tricks
- Windows 10 forums on Windows Central
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!